Volleyball New Zealand is made up of 14 regional associations. The New Zealand Provincial Volleyball Championships is an opportunity for these associations to fight it out across 4 age groups, Under 17, Under 19, Under 21 and Open. The New Zealand Provincial Volleyball Championships is contested annually on the 3 days of Queen’s Birthday weekend.
The tournament this year will be at the ASB Sports Centre, Kilbirnie, Wellington from Saturday 5th to Monday 7th of June.
In 2021 Otago will be representing Under 17 Boys and Girls, Under 19 Boys and Girls and Open Men’s and Women’s.
Expressions of Interest are invited for the voluntary role of Coach for the Volleyball Otago representative teams for 2021.
Requirements of the position will include:
- Completion of a Police Vetting application
- Full driver’s license (whilst desirable is not necessarily essential)
- Once representative teams have been chosen, trainings will be scheduled for at least a minimum of one training session per week (times/venues to be decided as your discretion).
- Availability to attend the IPC tournament in Wellington over Queens Birthday (4-7 June 2020) and supervise team for the duration of the tournament.
- Preferably local or higher-level volleyball referee qualification.
To register your expression of interest please complete the attached form.
Please include a brief paragraph outlining your reasons why you would like to coach one of the Volleyball Otago teams and include details about relevant coaching experiences and skills that you can bring to the role.
Please email completed form to email@example.com by 12th of March, 5:00 pm. Selection committee will notify the outcomes of your application in two weeks. Further details will be discussed upon selection.
On behalf of Volleyball Otago